Women’s Online Health Magazine: Everything a Woman Needs to Know
A women’s online health magazine features identical content as a men’s online health magazine but written in a much lighter tone. There is a noticeable difference in feel; perhaps because men are driven by the more aggressive hormone, testosterone.
Many of the topics are identical but written from an entirely different perspective. Is this because “Men are from Mars and Women from Venus”?
Well, men and women are from Earth. They just have different concerns and points of view on common issues.
So what issues concern women? Here are the topics you will typically find in a women’s online health magazine:
- Exercise – The exercises featured in a women’s health magazine are more specific. These are workout programs that target the usual problem areas for women: legs, thighs, buttocks, arms and midsection.
The workout programs are designed to burn fat or tone muscle. Many of its readers are career women, those who work at home, have families or stay- at- home Moms.
The routines must be short and simple enough that they can be done at home. Articles on bodyweight exercises, Yoga, Pilates and home- gym type workouts are most commonly featured in a women’s health magazine.
The exercises are complete with tips and a sample 30- day program from the featured personal trainer.
- Diet – A women’s health magazine will publish different types of diets but most of them will focus on weight loss or maintenance.
This is because women are more prone to suffer from body image issues. Women’s health magazines will touch on the psychological aspect of weight gain and actively discourage women from using drastic, extreme measures.
The articles will present smart diet strategies as alternatives. This includes learning to make healthier food choices and coping with their fear of eating.
- Health/ Wellness – Women are very conscious about their overall health and wellness because they are at high risk of acquiring certain diseases such as breast and ovarian cancer, diabetes and osteoporosis.
Women’s health magazines regularly present the latest from the world of medicine that address these issues.
In addition, the health magazine will also publish tips on the following areas of interest:
- Skin and hair care
- Effects of aging
- Post- Partum Depression
- Eating disorders
- Fashion – Women often say “shopping is a girl’s best friend”. In a roundtable discussion among women, fashion will always be part of the conversation.
Women are always looking into the latest designs, trends and style innovations in the world of fashion.
Among the fashion topics that are routinely featured in a women’s health magazine are:
- Active Wear
- Hair and Make Up
Why is fashion healthy for women? It makes them feel beautiful and as many women will attest to, shopping for fashion is an effective stress reliever.
- Sex – Click unto an online women’s health magazine and study the home page carefully.
If you see the word “Sex” or any of its variations, chances are the title will allude to exercise or a specific mindset. For example, “How to Look Sexy at the Beach” or “How to Defend Yourself Against Sexual Assault”.
You will hardly, if any at all, find overt content on sex as you would in a men’s health magazine.
Most of the adult content in women’s health magazines focus more on relationship issues such as:
- How to deal with a break up
- What to do if he’s cheating on you
- How to know if he is “the one”
- How to keep a relationship happy
- Why you shouldn’t give “it” up
The content clearly reflects the difference in perspectives of men and women toward sex.
- Personalities – Women’s health magazines also feature popular personalities from actors to singers and athletes. In addition to having more clicks, likes and shares, it gives readers insights on how celebrities view health and fitness.
Content will publish the workouts and diet programs of celebrities who are reputed for their bodies as well as healthy lifestyles.
The articles are also intended to inspire readers. They realize even well- paid entertainers and athletes have to put in the work and make sacrifices in order to look good and perform at their best.
There are women’s health magazines that will include articles on cooking, career and business, finance, time management and personal development.
Over the years, content on women’s health magazines has been evolving to accommodate the growing significance of women in society. Women are filling out powerful roles in government, key positions in business and many are becoming iconic figures in different industries.
Today’s woman has transcended the stereo- type; there is no more “weaker sex”. Women have become as successful and influential as men in society and the health magazines reflect that.